At Crunchbase, we put our users first in how we develop our products and services. As a registered user with the site, you can request that your account either be deactivated or permanently deleted. This article is about the process required to request a user account be permanently deleted, distinct from deactivating an account. To learn how to deactivate a user account, see our related article here.
To request an account be permanently deleted expresses your intention to fully remove both your user account and any existing information relevant to your user account. This cannot be undone, and we won’t be able to recover any of your data including your saved lists and email alerts in the future. Please refer to this article to understand what information will be deleted once you make this request.
Note that in permanently deleting your user account you relinquish the following benefits:
- The ability to make edits to the site
- View additional data on profiles only visible to those with user accounts (web traffic, mobile app downloads, etc.)
- Search and filter the Crunchbase dataset for free
- Build and save lists of companies based on prior searches
- Access your saved lists, including “My Follows”
- Receive email alerts from your saved lists so you can stay up to date
- Personalize your Crunchbase experience
- Access the benefits of paid subscriptions (as well as any other paid Marketplace apps)
If you have no intention of making site edits, accessing paid subscriptions, or using our dataset now, or ever in the future, you may submit a request to be permanently here.