At Crunchbase, we put our users first in how we develop our products and services. As a registered user with the site, you can request that your account be deactivated.
Deactivating a user account signifies your intention to relinquish the following benefits:
- The ability to make edits to the site
- View additional data on profiles only visible to those with user accounts (web traffic, mobile app downloads, etc.)
- Search and filter the Crunchbase dataset for free
- Build and save lists of companies based on prior searches
- Access your saved lists, including “My Follows”
- Receive email alerts from your saved lists so you can stay up to date
- Personalize your Crunchbase experience
- Access the benefits of paid subscriptions (Crunchbase Pro, BuiltWith, or any other paid Marketplace apps)
Remember that only users with a registered account enjoy the above features, so deactivating a user account strips you of these capabilities.
If you no longer wish to utilize your Crunchbase account, you may submit a request to our team at email@example.com to deactivate your user account. Please submit your request from the email address linked to the user account in reference and include the following:
- First name
- Last name
- Request type (“deactivate user account”)
- Reason for request
Users who would like to reactivate their account should submit a request to our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Users who would like to learn more about requesting that an account be permanently deleted can read more here.