- Entity Type: The type of entity - like Organization, Person, etc. - that informs what fields can be found and what relationships may exist.
- Entity: A single item within a collection.
- Example: Crunchbase is a single entity within the collection of Organizations
- Example: Crunchbase’s Series C is a single entity within the collection of funding rounds
- Collection: A group of entities of the same entity type (e.g Organizations)
- Facet: A specialized subtype of an entity if the role is applicable. For example, People and Organizations can have the facet investor.
- Identifier: A common object that describes how an entity is identified within Crunchbase. Subfields include uuid, permalink, and entity type (entity_def_id).
- Field Types: The type of data allowed in any field’s value, including optional limitations on range. This informs what operations are valid when the field is referenced in a search query.
API v4.0 Glossary
Was this article helpful?
Have more questions? Submit a request
Please sign in to leave a comment.