These instructions assume that you will use the data loader provided by Salesforce at Setup > Data > Data Loader.
Go to that page, then download and install the free tool to get started (make sure you have the latest Java plugin downloaded - www.java.com/download).
The following steps will outline how to mass link Accounts and Leads in our Visualforce tool in order for your SFDC fields to be enriched with Crunchbase data:
Step 1: Provide your Crunchbase CSM with an export of the following fields from SFDC:
- Account/Lead Name
- Account/Lead Domain
- 18 DIGIT SFDC ID
Step 2: Our product team will use an algorithm to match your Accounts and Leads with the corresponding Crunchbase fields (UUID and Permalink)
- Object ID is the SFDC ID for the Account or Lead you want to link
- UUID is the Crunchbase company UUID. Note: UUIDs can contain hyphens
- Permalink is the Crunchbase company permalink
- EnrichmentID and LinkID will be blank; we will fill these in as we go through the steps below
Step 3: Open Data Loader
- Click Upsert
- Select Crunchbase Data Enrichment (Enrichment__c) object and upload the CSV
- Note: No empty columns!
- Choose Id when prompted with “Select the field for matching on Crunchbase_enrichment__c”
- Select “Create or Edit a Map”
- Map the Permalink column to the Permalink__c field
- Map the UUID column to the UUID__c field
- Click OK and proceed to the end. You will find two different files automatically created on your Desktop by Data Loader - a “Success File” and an “Error File”. This will give you an idea of which entities were successfully matched and which entities had errors.
- Obtain the “Success” file which will now have the Enrichment ID automatically filled in.
- Review the “Error File” to ensure that there weren’t any entities that were missed.
Step 4: Open Data Loader Again
- Click upsert
- Import the “Success” CSV file into the Crunchbase Link (CrunchBase_Link__c)
- Select “Object_ID__c” when prompted with “Select the field for matching on Crunchbase_Link”
- Select “not selected” when prompted “Select the field for matching on Crunchbase_enrichment”
- Map the appropriate fields
- Crunchbase__Enrichment__C → ID (ID column created from the Enrichment)
- Crunchbase__Object_ID__C → 18 Digit SFDC ID
- Once you have received a prompt “all records are successful”, double check in SFDC to verify that Accounts were linked.
Step 5: To trigger an enrichment
- Next, go to Setup > Custom Settings
- Then click on Manage for “Crunchbase Batch Settings”
- Then click on Edit for “EnrichmentBatch”, change “Batch Size” to 1 and then click Save
- Once you have set the Batch Size to 1, test your newly bulk linked records by manually trigger a data enrichment from the Install Wizard page
- When the data enrichment complete, the Account or Lead (that you linked in the above steps) should be enriched with the latest data from Crunchbase profiles
- Once you have completed your first bulk enrichment process and everything looks good, change the Batch Size for “EnrichmentBatch” back to 5 for a more efficient bulk enrichment process
Salesforce provides free training on how to use the Data Import wizard here: