Below are some sample use cases of how we recommend, and how our customers, leverage the API & CSV in tandem:
Use the CSV to seed your database
- While paginating through the API is possible, it’s not recommended
- Customers generally prefer to use the CSV as a one-time dump because all the data exists in one place
Get regular updates with both the CSV and API
- It’s strongly recommended to update the data completely every day
- If you don’t, you’ll have to remove profiles/data deleted due to applicable privacy laws yourself
- Our API is updated in real-time and our CSV is updated daily
- The CSV does not contain deletes, changelogs, or partial updates -- so update everything!
Use the API for fields not in the CSV
- Want news? It only exists in the API!