The information provided in the connection request is critical to finding & connecting with companies on Crunchbase. Here are a few tips on filling out your connection request to find companies:
- We recommend creating a connection request for each type of investment round you’d like to participate in (ex. one for Series A, one for Series B, etc.).
- Connection requests with “based on your history” in the request name have been created by Crunchbase, leveraging your prior funding activity. You can always edit those connection requests & fine-tune them.
- While the form can feel lengthy, you can always start working on your connection request, save it, and then complete it at a later time.
- The more information you provide the better your recommended connections will be & the more likely a company will connect with you.
- The information you provide in your connection request will not be included in your public Crunchbase profile, but the information will be shown to potential connections based on whether you are connected or not:
Before you connect:
After you connect:
- While we recommend completing your profile as thoroughly as possible, you should ensure that you have at least the following information filled out:
- Funding rounds
- Information from your Crunchbase profile (beyond name, headquarters, categories and funding rounds) may be viewed by potential connections & used to make recommendations, so please ensure the information is accurate. Again, providing more information is always better.
For more tips, click on the section you are interested in: