Introducing: Crunchbase CRM Enrichment for monday.com!
With Crunchbase’s new CRM enrichment, monday.com CRM users can enrich their board items with live company data to quickly identify qualified opportunities and inform outreach. Unleash the potential of your business by effortlessly incorporating proprietary company information from Crunchbase directly to your monday.com workspace.
Use Cases & Benefits
Target the right companies using key signals
Find companies in a position to make a deal using Crunchbase's unique funding and revenue data, and inform outreach with real-time insights to reach out with relevant information at the right time.
Spend less time searching and more time selling
Reduce manual search with best-in-class company data delivered right in your CRM, and enhance your automations by building workflow templates with advanced Crunchbase data to surface qualified accounts.
Ensure CRM data hygiene and freshness
Set up daily updates to your CRM records and get automatically refreshed data directly in your CRM.
Installation & First Use
- Prepare a monday.com board having all the necessary fields pre-configured before the integration setup process begins. Find all available Crunchbase fields with corresponding monday.com column types in the Functional Overview section.
- During the application setup, you’ll need to authenticate access to your Crunchbase account by providing your Enterprise / Internal Data license API key. To get your API key, please reach out to your Crunchbase Customer Success Manager or email email@example.com.
STEP 1: Install the Crunchbase CRM Enrichment app from the monday.com apps marketplace.
STEP 2: Once installed, go to your previously prepared board to set up the integration.
*Note: Only one Crunchbase integration recipe can be established per monday.com board.
STEP 3: Navigate to the integration menu located in the top right corner.
STEP 4: Locate Crunchbase CRM Enrichment in the Integrations Center, click on the integration, and choose the included template recipe.
STEP 5: On the next step, authorize your Crunchbase CRM Enrichment app into monday.com platform by providing your Crunchbase API key prepared earlier. *Note: In order to change the API key after the integration recipe setup, the Crunchbase CRM Enrichment app should be completely reinstalled.
STEP 6: For recipe configuration, set up the following parameters:
Choose the appropriate Text column dedicated to a company website
- Filling in the website field narrows down the search criteria in cases when there are companies with the same name returned in Crunchbase, so users can specify which exact company they want to integrate. If the website is not specified, the company with the highest Crunchbase rank is integrated to the board by default.
- Click on the “fields” option to set up the field mapping between Crunchbase fields and board columns.
Select the “error” Text column for error message specification in case any should arise.
STEP 7: Once you are done with the recipe configuration, click the "Add to Board" button.
That's it! Now, live company data will be automatically added to your monday.com board on each item create or update action in accordance to your integration recipe configuration.
- On the initial recipe setup user is prompted for the Crunchbase API key. As soon as the API key is submitted, the app checks its validity, and allows the user to set up a recipe.
- One Crunchbase API key persists per monday.com account and is used for all recipes/requests configured under this account.
- In order to change the Crunchbase account after the initial integration recipe setup, the app should be completely reinstalled.
The integration is triggered when one of the following events occurs:
- A new item (line) is created on monday.com board
- Items’ name is updated
- Items’ website is set
- Items’ website is updated
- Name is the primary identifier used to find the appropriate company in Crunchbase.
Website is an additional identifier not mandatory for filling.
- It helps to narrow down the search criteria in case when there are companies with the same name returned in Crunchbase, so users can specify which exact company they want to integrate. If the website is not specified, the company with the highest Crunchbase rank would be integrated to the board.
- Once a day, integration is automatically run to sync all existing company entries presented on the monday.com board with Crunchbase and updates the board items with new values if any are found.
- The following table displays 50 Crunchbase fields that can be mapped and integrated to your monday.com board. Please use only specified monday.com column types for seamless integration.
|monday.com column types
|Long Text column
|Company Name is automatically taken from the Name column, so it’s not presented in the dynamic fields mapping.
|Crunchbase Rank Movement (last 7 days)
|Crunchbase Rank Movement (last 30 days)
|Crunchbase Rank Movement (last 90 days)
|Long text column
|Long text column
|Long text column
|Top 5 Investors
|Long text column
|Latest Acquired Company
|Latest Acquisition Date
|Latest Acquisition Price
|Latest Investment - Amount Invested (USD)
|Latest Investment - Company
|Latest Investment - Date
|Latest Round - Date
|Latest Round - Funding Type / Series
|Latest Round - Money Raised (USD)
|Number of Acquisitions (#)
|Number of Employees
|Number of Founders
|Number of Funding Rounds (#)
|Number of Investments (#)
|Number of Investors (#)
|Profile Image URL
|Revenue Range (USD)
|Total Funding (USD)
|Total Money Invested (USD)
|Website field has a separate selection in the integration recipe, so it is not presented in the dynamic fields mapping.
- If a company is not found by the provided name or name and website, users will be notified and the corresponding board item will be updated with the appropriate error message. The same happens if there is no match between the provided name and website.
- If there are multiple companies with the same name returned in Crunchbase, the company with the highest rank would be integrated to the board.
- If Crunchbase API rate limit is reached, users will be notified appropriately. All items that remained unprocessed would be processed on the next automatic integration run (triggered once a day) or should be recreated/updated for the immediate integration run.
Questions? Please contact your dedicated Customer Success Manager for assistance, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.