Salesforce provides free training on how to use the Data Import wizard here: https://trailhead.salesforce.com/modules/data_management/units/data_import
These instructions assume that you will use the data loader provided by Salesforce at Setup > Data > Data Loader. Go to that page, then download and install the free tool to get started.
(make sure you have the latest Java plugin downloaded - www.java.com/download)
The following steps will outline how to mass link Accounts and Leads in our Visualforce tool in order for SFDC fields to be enriched:
Step 1: Provide your Crunchbase CSM with an export of the following fields from SFDC:
- Account/Lead Name
- Account/Lead Domain
- 18 DIGIT SFDC ID
Step 2: Our product team will use an algorithm to match your Accounts and Leads with the corresponding Crunchbase fields (UUID and Permalink)
- Object ID is the SFDC ID for the Account or Lead you want to link
- UUID is the crunchbase company UUID. NOTE: UUID can contain hyphens
- Permalink is the Crunchbase company Permalink.
Step 3: Open Data Loader
- Click Upsert
- Select Crunchbase Data Enrichment (Enrichment_c) object and upload the CSV
- Choose Id when prompted "Select the field for matching on Crunchbase_enrichment_c"
- Select "Create or Edit a Map"
- Map the Permalink column to the Permalink__c field
- Map the UUID column to the UUID__c field
- Click OK and proceed to the end. You will find two different files automatically created on your Desktop by Data Loader - a “Success File” and an “Error File”. This will give you an idea of which entities were successfully matched and which entities had errors.
- Obtain the “Success” file which will now have the Enrichment ID automatically filled in.
Step 4: Open Data Loader Again
- Click upsert
- Import the CSV into the Crunchbase Link (CrunchBase_Link_c)
- Select "Object_ID_c" when prompted to "Select the field for matching on Crunchbase_Link"
- Select "Not selected" when prompted to "Select the field for matching on Crunchbase_enrichment"
- Only map the fields below:
- Crunchbase__Enrichment__C → ID (ID column created from the Enrichment)
- Crunchbase__Object_ID__C → 18 Digit SFDC ID
- Once you have received a prompt “all records are successful”, double check in SFDC to verify that Accounts were linked.
Step 5: Trigger an enrichment
- Go to Setup > Custom Settings
- Click Manage for "Crunchbase Batch Settings"
- Click on Edit for "EnrichmentBatch," change "Batch Size" to 1, and then click Save.
- Once you have set the Batch Size to 1, test your newly bulk linked records by manually trigger a data enrichment from the Install Wizard page
- Once you have completed your first bulk enrichment process and everything looks good, change the Batch Size for “EnrichmentBatch” back to 5 for a more efficient bulk enrichment process.